09/10/2013

ST session September 8th

That was a short training. I seldom visit Karina that often, so I didn't expect her to welcome me this time. I rather supposed she will look at me with disapproval as if she was saying: 'What, you again? Can't I graze some time in peace?!'. And that was also a factor which made me plan that session to be really interesting and as short as possible. But Karina welcomed me in the pasture, though she was not particularly eager to leave it. I groomed her then and afterwards I took her to the roundpen, where we worked on forward-down again. This time she quickly understood that I wanted her to assume certain position and remain thus until I ask her to move. This too took us maybe three or four minutes and then we started to work on something totally different. Since I couldn't work with her body more, I worked with her mind. I introduced to Karina a simple horse trick, which she partly already knows - that is picking things with her mouth. The object she was learning to pick was her plastic brush, which she likes to take into her mouth and play with it. I broke this trick into parts and we worked only on her taking the brush from my hands with her mouth and holding it for a while. This worked really fine and now I'm anxious to add the next element to this exercise...

No comments:

Post a Comment