04/10/2013

Introducing Karina - my Gift in Disguise

Karina, my ten years old Polish Warmblood mare, by some is labelled as a 'problem horse'. I don't know if she has any problems beside that some time ago she was being handled by problem people. Fortunately that is over now. Karina is an extremely sensitive, intelligent, proud and ambitious horse. She has a true horse spirit, unbroken, and a strong character and she is a very demanding teacher. She would not accept any short cuts in her training and everything I do with her I have to do very thoroughly and I have to learn fast. And I'm happy that she is no dull, broken donkey, but a true Horse. She is so different from all the pleasure riding horses that I know, that everybody keeps on asking me why on Earth did I buy her? But to me she is a Gift in Disguise - an opportunity to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment